This camp has not been Star Graded by the Tourism Council of South Africa, however, it has been graded very well by the tourists of South Africa, and abroad.
Pangolin Rondavels is a camp set around a pool in a garden with communal facilities. This camp is separate from the Shikwari Suites camp on the same reserve.
It has a rustic charm and is ideal for the person who loves being close to the bush. For Couples, Families and a group of friends.
There is shady parking for cars and guests are encouraged to take walks around the reserve with a guide or by themselves.
Four rondavel accommodate two adults each. Each rondavel has a bed, bedside tables and lamps, ceiling fan,wardrobe, seating, luggage rack and Fridge/Freezer.Two children 2-12yrs can also be accommodated on request in each rondavel.
- All have hospitality trays with kettle, teas & coffee and milks. Small Fridge/Freezers.
- Two rondavels have private bush bathrooms, with toiletries.
- By mid June 2018 we should have all rondavels with their own private bush bathrooms.
- Guests have a choice of either king-size or twin beds
- Children 2-12 yrs are accommodated with parents on fold out "Snooza" beds. Please advise on booking
- A maximum of 2 children per rondavel.
- Over 12yrs are charged are adults and accommodated in their own room or with one other adult or siblings..
- The camp has a communal lounge with full premium DSTV. and dining table.
- A large family bathroom with bath, toilet & basin and outdoor shower is shared by the other 2 rondavels.
- There is a fully equipped kitchen on an open patio with extra communal fridge/freezer for groups, oven & hob, microwave, toaster & kettle also all serving dishes, crockery, glassware, cutlery and placemats.
- In the garden there is a pool and a boma for braai’s.
- Please supply your own wood or charcoal.
- The camp is serviced daily and the previous night’s dishes washed next morning.
- Towels are supplied for the bathroom,
- Linen supplied is crisp fine cotton percale for a good night’s sleep.
- Towels for the pool are not supplied and guests are asked to supply their own.
- Personal laundry is not offered at this camp, please refer to the info folder in the rondavel concerning this.
- Find info of assisted laundry in Hoedspruit in our Guest Information Folder
Should you not feel like cooking?
- Book our delicious Country Chic Cuisine 3 course Dinners and/or our Full Hot Plated English and Cold Buffet Continental breakfasts up at the Shikwari suites main area.
- There is an option to choose for this when clicking on Extras in the "Book Now"option.
- 24 hours’ notice is needed for a one off bookings,they must be booked and paid at the Shikwari Suites before the meal/s.
- Booking is essential as we do not run a formal restaurant and the meal/s are booked especially for our resident guests.
Please note: If you are booking this camp it is best to bring supplies with you at least for the first night; as Hoedspruit where there is supermarkets & restaurants is 35 kilometers away, Alternatively book our meals with accommodation or 24hrs ahead.
. In Hoedspuit there are two supermarkets, a great butcher - B&B Butchery, LaBamba for great veg, fruit and takeaways, 3 bottle stores and numerous restaurants for breakfast, lunch.& dinner..Some lovely decor shop and clothing for the bush.